Thursday, February 07, 2008

Why I have no money- behold new bike stand:





Still no closer to my question of "why cyclists dress the way they do" but I haven't yet worked up the courage to ask them online yet. I have joined a number of forums since becoming addicted to this internet thing- bike forums, running forums, forums for runners (2), triathlon forums and dog owner forums. Gotta tell you that the runners are the most friendly- the bike forum is just the pits- I started a thread and got nothing, not a hi, how are you etc. I am too frightened to post on the triathlon forum but when I get the courage up (after I do my first ironman just to get some credibility) then I will ask them WHY???

Quiet morning for me- arvo shift today so Bella and I had a huge sleep in, a massive walk and some cleaning. I just went and saw my friend Sav and her beautiful baby- am I clucky?? Are you kidding?? Ohmigod yes (especially when Abbey was sleeping peacefully).

Knee is very sore today- so I will tram to work and give it a break. I was keen to get out for a cycle this morning, but when I was about to get up at 5am I remembered that I have no lights for the new bike and my old lights are very connected to the MTB. Back to sleep for me. Last night I attached the second hand cycle computer to the new bike (that I bought from someone on the aforementioned triathlon forum)- and I cannot get it to work.

Edit:
Follow up message to the triathlon guy has yielded results- he forgot to send me part of the cadence sensor bit.