Took the new bike out for a spin this morning- but I am not strong enough to loosen the bolt that holds the seat post so I didn't go for long because I feel ridiculously cramped. I felt like I was going so fast (despite being passed by every man and his buddy in lycra along Beaconsfield Parade) and I was just so happy with having a light responsive set of wheels. I can even get my feet clipped in with a minimum of hassle - though it took a while to get that right because I couldn't break and release my foot at the same time so I had to decide which was more important at the time.
Very very happy with the purchase but I can't help but wonder if I have just gone from a runner with an ankle problem to a cyclist with a knee problem.
(girls, the flat bar hybrid is not mine- it belongs to someone who once lived here and is currently the subject of threats to put it on ebay to remove it from my gym!)
I was a little late getting out this morning because I was a little late getting home last night- Pruesy and I went to the races yesterday and I had an amazing run of luck (or good form analysis) and no I didn't meet a 6ft gorgeous stranger with too much money and a fondness for overweight excitable short haired girls, but I collected on every race- including the last when we put $5 each way on Dad's tip despite the fact he has never ever tipped a winner- and it paid $20! So then it was off to Chapel Street for dinner and home. Drinking all day didn't stop me from taking Bella out for a walk last night but don't ask me where we went because I have very little recollection of that. Thankfully she let me sleep in until 6am this morning before we had to head to the park.
