I had my appointment yesterday and thankfully escaped anymore cortisone! After my prodding and poking that caused me immense pain the Doc recommended self massage along the tendons that run under the ankle bone on both sides, as well as the boney bit that does nothing but sit there - calcineaus (something like that okay). I have also booked in a couple of physio sessions for some ultrasound and some strenthening exercises for my ankle.
The SD said I should come and see her in 4 weeks- and I said so no running or anything planned soon? And she said, "Okay come and see me in 3 weeks". Then I felt like I was pressuring her a bit - when really, I haven't run for a LONG time so one more week won't make any difference but she explained that she wouldn't let me rush my rehab but she is a runner too and knows that it isn't fun to be sidelined.
I am REALLY struggling with the self massage- while I was doing it I was worried I wouldn't have the ability to hurt myself like the SD does. But this morning my ankle is swollen and a bit bruised so it appears that my fears are misplaced. I don't know if I should keep massaging it while it is like that - I really don't think so. Anti inflams might be the answer.
Had a work lunch again yesterday- way too much beer then home before I went out for dinner with Mum, Dad and Pruesy before heading out to see a band. Sadly the band didn't float my boat as much as I thought it would so I really only caught a couple of songs before I heard my bed calling and left. Even when I turn up I am a piker. Nothing planned this weekend- I am trying to save some cash for my September holiday.
