Sunday, January 20, 2008

Preparing to run

I decided I should get some time on my feet for when I am allowed to run- so Bella and I did a lap of Albert Park yesterday and a 6km walk today. I followed each walk up with a session in the home gym which now boasts a bench as well as some dumbells after I thew saving to the wind yesterday and went shopping!
I love the new bench- so much that I went to the gym today and made an appointment to quit (not happy that I have to book in to quit but no matter how hard they make it, I am quitting!). My gorgeous friend Kendra has a month pass to Melb Sports and Aquatic Centre for me so after that surely I can get a two week trial at the 6 different gyms in my area- as well as my free Women's Health toning sessions- I should be looking a treat in no time!
My ankle is a getting better and I have spent some quality time massaging it with as much intensity as I can bear.
Yesterday I "accidently" nearly bought a bike on ebay- fortunately someone outbid me with five minutes to go. Today I did a bit of research, realised I could buy half the bikes new at the prices they were asking and have decided to buy a bike soon. The reason is this.
You get to ride over the Westgate- I remember deciding to do the Run4Kids because you got to run through a tunnel- now I would like to start cycling so I can ride over a bridge. Who wants to join me??