Monday, January 21, 2008

Just got back from the physio- ultrasound and massage followed by some strengthening exercises. The physio suggested I ice my ankle tonight as well, but I am not far out of bed. She was very supportive in my attempts to get some time in walking in the next three weeks.

When the alarm went off this morning I was very unhappy- it took me a few minutes to get out of bed during which time I had convinced myself that I would swim this evening instead of on my way to work. Of course half way through my walk with the naughtiest dog in the world I remembered that I had a physio appointment and wouldn't have time to swim. The timing is crucial in the morning- and if I make my lunch (as I am now a slave to the mortgage) then I need to be organised.

Anyway I did have time for a swim because we left work early but I used the time wisely by checking out my local bike shops- I am nearly convinced that I need a Giant OCR 2- if I can't get one on ebay then I will go back to the bike shops (though I really wanted to spend $400 not $1000)- I figure I can try to get a new helmet etc if I go to a bike shop.
Am definitely looking forward to pushing my new bike up the westgate!