- Don't do an ab work prior to getting some sort of respiratory sickness- every cough and sneeze will cause you great pain
- Likewise don't do any squats or lunges if you are going to get some sort of gastro that involves sitting a lot (I am just guessing for this one)
- Don't live by yourself because then you have to ring people for sympathy and if you have no voice they will wonder why you rang at all.
- Make sure you have enough chocolatey treats in the house so that if you do ever feel like eating then you don't need to go to the shops in your pyjamas.
- If you do the right thing and keep your fluids up, make sure you haven't done lunges and squats because those extra 35 trips to the toilet a day are going to hurt.
- If you tell your mum that you have aches all over then you should also add that it is unrelated to your cold but a direct result of the weights used at group training.
- Don't get sick on a Friday when the Monday is a public holiday because the boss is NEVER going to believe that one- better to go in, spread the germs and get sent home.
- Don't get sick on a fun long weekend, even if you have to work the Monday, you can sense everyone having fun while you lie groaning in bed.
Still all snuffly and disgusting but I made it out of the house this morning to complete the ride for the online triathlon- my only option was the bike at the gym and it was awful but I stuck at it for 15km no more- just scraped in under 30mins but it isn't a proper time really, because unless I was at a velodrome then I wouldn't be able to ride like that. Home for some weights- though everytime I lie down on my weight bench to do some sort of chest thing Bella jumps up runs over and licks me right in the ear.
I was nearly stuck on the weightbench when I realised I could lie down, but my stomach muscles hurt too much to get back up! Bella the wonder dog couldnt be relied on to go for help so I managed to sit up sort of sideways.
The muscle soreness from Thursday night is bad- I haven't hurt this bad for years. The only bad bit is that I think the lunges were no good for my knee.
Can't decide whether I should go back to bed or head to the bike shop.
