Sunday, December 30, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So it is New Years Day and that means time to find some resolutions- and I have to report that last years resolutions were a disaster- I don't think I kept a single one. This year I am trying a different tack. I have searched my archives and I can't find my old resolutions- how convenient! But I do recall that they involved practicing the guitar once a week (never happened), staying under 70kg (couldn't even stay under 80kg for most of the year), running in an organised run once a month (missed July, fell in a hole after August- not literally). Can't remember the rest but the new resolutions are as follows:

1. Aim for 100kg- I am so close I should just give it a go.
2. Give the guitar to someone who will use it.
3. Mope around and not run at all.
4. Continue to eat like it is my last meal on earth.

2007
I spent a lot of time running, and most of it was painful- my ankle and then my knee gave me a lot of grief.
I should have seen the sports doc a lot earlier.
I should have stopped eating rubbish to console myself about a whole myriad of issues.
I got to see my beautiful friends have beautiful babies.
I started work at a very exciting new place with a whole office of people I had never met before and some of them are the funniest, most capable people I know.

So what is planned for 2008- I know last night I said the liver cleansing diet was a great idea but I might recant now I have had time to think about it. I am imagining something that should become part of my regular eating plan instead of something that needs to be endured. So I will be trying to work out what that plan is! I should recall the following things I have learnt on my climb back up to the heaviest I have been:
  1. There is no recommended daily intake for pastry for a reason
  2. Just because I am drunk does not mean I need Cheezels, MacDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC, potato cakes, etc
  3. The girls at the fish and chip shop should not all greet me like their best friend, it is time we went our separate ways
  4. The food pyramid does not balance on the pointy end
  5. Just because I can't run does not mean that I cannot exercise
  6. Just because I am hung over does not mean I need Cheezels, MacDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC, potato cakes, etc
  7. I don't need buttery toast for breakfast
  8. Carbonated drinks are the devils work- they is nothing good about them
So that is it- time to get some cardio back into my life, time to stop eating to make myself feel better and time to make some proper grown up food choices and if that means making my lunch every day/ most days then I will do it. So the big resolution is to have a BMI that is closer to 21 than 31. Might even dust off that guitar now that I don't have a TV. (on Saturdays at 6.30pm I just imagine people falling off things)