Sunday, November 11, 2007

Stakes Day (and leaving JoJo in the city)

Someone has taken all my money and replaced it with book makers tickets. I don't know how it happened. Well I do have some idea- it all started at about 11.30 when I met JoJo at the Transport bar for a quick drink before cramming into a train with at least 50,000 other people- at least JoJo had the comfort of a cool esky on her butt for most of the trip.
We headed into the Members Stand courtesy of recently scammed tickets and began the "hydrating" and "investing" process, or drinking and betting as I like to call it. We had a terrible day on the punt but still a great day playing ladies in our frocks. We got the train back to the city eventually and had a nasty parma at Y&J's- my first in three weeks!
Then it was more drinks until I had had enough- JoJo was staying to meet Jaykay but I just didn't have the stamina so I made it to the tram stop, walked a bit, caught a bus, then a taxi and staggered into bed. I had my phone right beside me but it rang four times and I didn't wake up once.

I walked Bella all ready, but I am slowly losing steam again and might need a little lie down. I went to the gym early yesterday morning, but I don't think I can make it today.