Monday, November 12, 2007

Spin class and massive out of pocket expenses

I had a semi sleep in today- 7am, not sure if that counts. I walked Bell and then went to the gym for spin class- I made sure I wasn't just sweating and when I left my leg muscles were feeling very tired. The instructor made such a fuss over a guy in the front because his pulse rate was 91% and that must mean he is really fit and then told him it should only be that high for about 10 minutes. Mine was about 95% for the whole class but I don't interpret that as meaning I am fit!

Anyway, went to the Mercy Radiology department for all my scans- ultrasound on the knee didn't go that well- I had an ultrasound on my heart a while back and the operator refused to comment on what she was seeing. The ultrasound guy today showed me the massive difference between my left and right knees and then got the radiologist in who kept pointing out other differences- like my right (sore) knee has thicker tendons. Don't know what that means but I am going to the Sports Doc tomorrow to find out. I told the ultrasound guy just to tell me it all looked very normal and I had nothing to worry about, he did that, but he didn't try to make it sound convincing.
Then I had x-rays on the knee- from every angle you can imagine so I was pretty glad I had shorts on under my skirt (and so was the x-ray man!). No comments or strange ooohing and ahhing from x-ray man.
Then it was some quality time in the MRI machine- headphones on listening to rubbish commercial radio whilst ankle was strapped in tight. As soon as the operator told me that I should lie as still as I could I felt like wriggling. He spent his time in the other room so I couldn't hear his opinion.

Another massive dent in the bank balance and I don't know anything, but tomorrow all will be revealed!