Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sauntering only

Spin class this morning- and I am damn glad I made it there at 6am because by 3.30pm I was told I am not allowed to do spin anymore :(
I saw the Sports Doc and she said that there are no problems with my bones- no stress fractures etc but there are a lot of other issues namely:
  1. My patella sits about a centimetre higher than it should
  2. The tendons pulling on my thigh bone are making spurs which will never go away ( I am pretty sure having spurs on my knees is not a cool thing)
  3. My patella is way off course
  4. There are many many sites of inflammation in both my ankle and knee that are not supposed to be there
So at the end of the consultation I was given two cortisone injections in my ankle that made me wince but didn't really cause me to say nasty things under my breath. Then I was given a cortisone injection into the tendon under my knee cap which made me mutter like the child in the Exorcist. Oh my, the pain. It seemed to go on forever.
Now I am not allowed to do any purposeful walking for four day, strolling a short way is okay. No spin class for two weeks at least and swimming with a pool buoy between my knees only (there is a joke there just waiting to happen).
I sat up a bit quick after the injections and the room spun around a bit so I waited for a while before driving home- after ringing my sister and having a sob for no real reason (I don't think she knew though)

Looking into the crystal ball I can see a whole lot of physio in the next year.