Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Detox Day 1

I bought a detox kit after hearing the great wrap my friend gave it on the weekend- so this morning I had wheat free muesli for breakfast with plain yoghurt as well as a vegetable juice, followed by a sandwich made with wheat, gluten and yeast free bread with no cheese, mayo etc. I have also taken the required pills and I have to say that apart from nearly vomiting up the "digestive bitters" that I had to take this morning then it has been going along okay.
My friend said that it made her feel better, her coat was shiny and her skin was glowing so I thought I would give it a try (and she also lost weight!) The strict regime might be the thing that I need to sort out this diet of rubbish that I normal exist on.
The response to me not having coffee this morning was just what I would expect from my colleagues- all proclaiming that the detox was rubbish and would never work, despite not knowing any details of it- sometimes I am amazed at how they can do their job which demands an open mind with it so completely closed to anything outside their redneck white bread existence.

I rode to work this morning, via the pool where I did 1km of solid freestyle and made a big effort not to stop between laps. My ride to work was fantastic- I must have had a tail wind because I felt like I was flying and I made such a conscious effort not to dawdle. I even stretched when I got to work. Judging by the flags flying over at Southbank I am in for a tail wind home too!