Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Detox Day 2

So far so good- no startling urgent trips to the toilet that I had been warned about. I am tired though but that is probably because I caught up with a friend who is going overseas last night- yep, went to the pub, didn't drink or eat a parma- there is a first time for everything. I managed to bolt down some grilled fish and salad before I went out so I wasn't too tempted.
I had increased the amount of fruit snacks because I realise this thing is designed for people who think a walk is exercise and I just need a lot more to eat if I am going to get out of bed in the morning.
I am not a convert to the detox- I have never done one before so I am using this as a test for myself and to massively shake up my diet for a bit.
The lovely tail wind turned out to be a massive head wind- nasty even- I must have been confused with my flag reading. Some guy was even drafting behind my large posterior up one of the hills so I used all my energy to power away from him, I could hear him changing gears trying to keep up but he was too slow.
I frightened a rowing coach this morning who decided to stop and put his bike across the whole path at the bottom of my favourite steep little hill so when I came flying down the hill shouting "Get out of the .... way" he looked a little startled. He should have known better- I nearly cleaned him up completely.
Saw StuMac running along Birrarung Marr this morning- he was too deep in conversation to notice me but his training partner did.