Okay- I tried to take a photo but it really didn't work- might try it at the start of the day, not the end! I have shaved my head before but that was for money- they auctioned off the right to shave my head at a Rotary dinner and after much carry on they raised $1500 and my sister was given the okay to shave my head.
This time, it was just the right time- my hairdresser had a number 2 crew and when I went in she said Lets do yours too, and I had been thinking about it all week (and Sinead). It is too short, but in a week I will be very happy with it- at the moment everyone is too polite to say anything rude (apart from someone who will remain nameless who tells me I look like a man, at least I have hair).
Hope you like your new do Celeste,we must be cousins at the very least!
I made it to the pool yesterday after one false start (why did I even go there at 1.00pm on a 33 degree Sunday and expect to do laps??) I didn't do a km because I had a huge headache that didn't go till this morning but I managed 800m, most of it just kicking (no flippers).
I also went to Pilates yesterday morning too- rode my bike there and back and it was absolutely steaming by the time I was trying to ride home.
My knee is still sore, mainly getting in and out of the car and those awkward angles, but I chased Bella at the park today and had some pain but not that real stabbing pain that I had before. The ankle and PF pain is still there but less of a problem now that I am not running.
I don't know why but I am not distraught about the NT- don't get me wrong, I was sobbing madly on Friday night and I was concerned that I would lose it at work when I had to tell people that I didn't get picked- but by Saturday afternoon I wasn't upset at all and today I was able to talk about it without emotion. That is not like me at all- I was so upset about not running the Melb HM that I got all teary every time I told someone (even today) but for some reason I can handle this disappointment a lot more.
