Thursday, August 23, 2007

2 Laps of Tan

Slept in this morning because I am on afternoon shift (and I had 10 too many beers for dinner last night) so it was daylight when I took Bella for a massive walk which included a stop at the chemist for more tape. Then I headed out to the Tan after taping my knee and ankle.
I did two laps, the first was so slow and the second one was just a couple of minutes quicker. Turns out I have lost a lot of fitness and it is hard for me to maintain 6min kms for any good distance.
I stretched a lot afterwards and have also iced my ankle, gelled my knee etc.
This month is going to be little light on for kilometres.

I also went to the doctor for a basic check up type appointment and she started practically shouting at me when she realised that I haven't had my cholesterol checked ever- she is a good doctor and a massive bully when it comes to my health- she also bullies my sister so I know it isn't just me. So next Tuesday I have to go and have a battery of tests, iron, cholesterol, and a whole lot more just because they are free. Then I have to make another appointment to hear about what I do and don't have. I am so worried about my various joints that I haven't really been considering my chemistry!