Friday, July 06, 2007

Tragedy- knitting incident

Don't be angry but I didn't make it to fat club last night- I didn't get to leave work on time and we were having dinner with dear friends and I just didn't have time. I have decided to imagine that I was an extra 2kg heavier so that I take this week very seriously (but not running in a bag seriously). I have been making good food choices and staying around 20 points a day regardless of how much exercise I have been doing.
I didn't run or gym this morning due to a late night last night but I am planning on getting out tomorrow morning early, with my newly refurbished ipod, for a long long run. Hope it doesnt rain too much.
I was standing on the corner waiting for my lift this morning (I have been spoilt because a colleague has been on call and gets a work car so she has been picking me up every day this week) and I was knitting up a frenzy despite the strange looks when tragedy occurred- I snapped a knitting needle. I have been using Mum's old knitting needles and they have obviously become a bit brittle in their old age (they must be at least as old as me!)- luckily a disaster was avoided and I was able to save my stitches! Phew, my life is just so exciting right now.
Work lunch today and the plan is to avoid the chicken parma- it is the one thing I am powerless against- I want it, it wants me but if I have a parma then I will surely have 100 pots of beer as well and that will only end in me not running tomorrow. Wish me luck!