Saturday, July 07, 2007

4 laps of the Lake, one parma, 3 beers !!!!

Yep, I had the parma- and I justified it by saying "surely they can't mess up a parma" because everything else on the menu had a lot of cajun, tandoori and vague asian references so I just stuck to the basics. And I only had 3 beers- avoiding the shout was very important and I think I was quite successful.
Prue picked me up and we went shopping for replacement knitting needles after work.
This morning I slept in until 7 and took Bella for a walk before heading to the lake. I had to keep the pace slow because I was planning on 18 km at the macmillan authorised pace of 6:35- 7:20 so I thought as long as I can keep it between 6.30 and 7.00 I will be fine.
The first lap was a warm up and it was easy to stay in the zone but I really felt like getting a lot faster and it felt like I was running on the spot for the next two laps, then for the last one I just ran at normal speed because it felt like I had been running forever.
My max heart rate was 84% and my average was 74%.
My back and shoulders were killing me for the middle section too- not sure what to do about it because physio doesnt seem to be working.
Such a fun weekend planned- dinner with Shane and Leslie tonight then ausrun girls afternoon drinks tomorrow. (lots of knitting too)