Thursday, July 05, 2007

So much running

I am in a much better mood right now- thanks for all your kind words. It must be a winter thing.
I ran this morning AND last night- though I wasn't really that keen to run in the evening- but when you have been harassing someone for 5 years to get off their butt and do some exercise and finally they decide that they want to try running, the least I could do was be encouraging. It also meant that Bella had some quality time away from brawling at the park. So after work before there was any time for capitulating, we headed to Caulfield Park for some shuffling and walking. It was good fast walking and then some jogging in between so I am counting it as running- only 4km but I will take what I can get right now.

This morning I walked Bella at 5 then went out for a run in the local streets- it rained the whole time so I looked like a drowned rat when I staggered in the door after my pathetic 6.5km. I was supposed to do a tempo run but the first 2.5km was uphill so there was nothing tempo about it. I did enjoy the first little bit but it isn't as fun running in the rain when people are driving past and you can hear them thinking "loser". At least when I am running around a park, gardens or lake I see other runners slogging it out in the rain and we all smile to each other and you can hear them thinking, "Yep I am out here in the rain just like you, dammit we are hard core runners- go us!"

Heading to fat club tonight and I have no idea what my weight will do- those days in Sydney were not my friend. In the past I have stressed about the weigh in and it has ruled my life and made me a very unhealthy person (have you ever done your morning run wearing a garbage bag so you sweat out some water so you weigh less? DON'T!) so the plan is to take it easy and lose weight sensibly- not stress, sweat then have to eat lettuce next week to make up for the sweat you lose this week.