I had Friday off due to a very poor nights sleep on Thursday night- I am blaming the doona not being "fooffed" properly (too chunky around the top and my feet were cold) and having caffeine after 4pm. Sadly I didn't sleep very well on Friday night either despite sorting out the caffeine and foofing the doona correctly- had to collect BF and then drive home via MacDonalds (No I don't want any nuggets) so back in bed by 1.30.
I reset the alarm at six for another hours sleep and then took Bella for a walk and finally made it to the Lake.
It was raining as I got there and it kept raining for the first lap then it was really pleasant. My first lap was four minutes slower than my second- I tried to keep the pace well under 6 min/km for the last few kms of the second lap and while it wasn't that successful it did encourage me to keep the pace up instead of just turning the legs over. I think I normally just jog, but I have to remember to run.
My ipod battery is still behaving badly so I had to listen to the radio on my phone- which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (woo hoo Joy FM) and while it was no match for the carefully selected running playlist on my ipod, the world didn't end because I had to run without it.
Ist lap: 82% max HR, av 75%
2nd lap: 90% max HR, av 83%
So goals for June are:
-to lose some more weight (and not just because some loser shouted out "Fat B1tch" to me as I walked the dog the other night)
- run under 60 mins in the Run2G
- re-introduce the cross training aspect spin, pump etc that has been missing since the "dog park incident"
