Monday, June 04, 2007

Gym

I made it to spin class this morning which was a bit difficult because I cannot stand the Monday morning instructor and I was hoping that he had left . Sadly there he was jiggling up and down on the seat out the front, saying incredibly patronising things and generally being a tool. It didn't help that I didn't have my heart rate monitor on so it was always going to be a struggle to stay interested. About 5 minutes into the class my neck and upper back was starting to get sore so I endured it for a bit more then I just left- hope the instructor took it personally. My physio warned me that cycling is not good for my neck and back because of the posture on the bike which will aggravate my problems.
Instead I did 15 mins on the stepper and 15 mins on the elliptical x-trainer. It was boring because I didn't have my headphones either but I felt like I should do something leg related!

I had a very mixed weekend- Saturday night I had dinner with my pregnant friend Catie who was visiting from Mackay - we had great Japanese in High Street Northcote. I had to work at 7am on Sunday which is alway hard when you don't get to bed early enough- so by the time I finished at 3pm I was ready for a sleep and starving. I just walked Bella, had dinner and was in bed at 8pm.

I am having dramas having my kitchen ceiling repaired after the flat upstairs had a leaky hotwater system last year- they fixed that okay, but had to jack hammer in through my ceiling. So then they let a big hole in my ceiling and said they would be back in 6 months to patch it up. Well they never came back and it took forever for the body corporate and insurance company to arrange for someone to look at it and now I have to wait for someone else to come and look at it before they can fix it. I love how they say, we will be there between 9 and 12 and no we can't ring you half an hour before we get there.
So I am sitting here waiting......