Thursday, May 03, 2007

Two laps of tan with Bella

Took Bella with me for a run around the Tan this morning so the pace was pretty slow- but she is getting better and doesn't have to sniff everything and everyone as much as she did. She is pretty happy just running along beside me unless there is another dog in the vicinity and then she likes to try to pull my arm out of it's socket.
I did two laps plus the little bit up to the monument that hopefully makes it up to 4km for each lap. My heart rate was pretty constant at 74% though obviously it was a lot higher up Anderson Street. Though for some reason I didn't struggle up Anderson Street - maybe because I was concentrating on Bella or something else- I am still very frightened by the hills on Sunday.
Bella took the opportunity for a bath when I stopped at the start of the Tan so she could have a drink out of the trough there (for some reason there is nowhere else for her to drink) and she jumped into the trough and lay down. I think she has been overheating a bit recently because she lies down in puddles at the park all the time so she ends up all nice and muddy. Does wonders for her coat because she is always so shiny! Maybe it is all that cheap supermarket food that I give her.