Saturday, May 12, 2007

I have been bad

I used to drink a lot more, in volume and frequency but I really cut back because it was affecting my Saturday run, but yesterday I returned to my bad bad days. It never occurred to me that being in a shout with boys is a bad idea before- I could easily keep up or even be the one pushing the pace, but now it just makes me drink too much too quickly. So lunch was the start and then by the time it was 7pm I had drunk enough beer to make me witty, fun, skinny and a great dancer (don't worry there wasn't really any dancing- but if there was I would have been a chance to be a new Pussycat Doll)
Thankfully I have an inbuilt go-home meter which always sends me home before I become too embarrassing- my sister missed out on the go-home meter! My lovely pregnant friend Sav was driving so she dropped me home then Bella and I got fish and chips for dinner before I fell asleep on the floor (not for too long)

Anyway, onto more important things:
I didn't run on Thursday morning even after eating too much on Wednesday- I forgot that I had done a massive load of washing and all my running gear was still wet- such a bad excuse. I did run on Friday morning- a lap of the Tan then a loop up to Fed Square and then a little bit more along the Tan to make it up to 10km. Bella came with me so it was slow and she was playing games the whole way along. She still smiles and flirts with men as they run past! The only bad bit was then not having a chance to ice my ankle and then wearing heels to work so my ankle is feeling a bit fragile.
I am resting today then doing laps of the Lake in the morning- trying for a slowish 20km or thereabouts so I can make a decision about the HM in 15 days.