Sunday, May 13, 2007

4 laps of the Lake

I had a terrible nights sleep then got up at 5.30 and took Bella to the park before driving to the Lake. I did four laps which is about 18.2km and I felt good! I didn't have any pain in my ankle so I feel happy with the run and I will enter the Sri Chinmoy HM in two weeks time. For some reason the first lap was the hardest and my laps got quicker and quicker. I was trying to stay at about 6.30 min/km but in my last lap I was sitting at about 5.50 without a problem.
The only problem was my upper back- there is a really sore spot that still gives me a bit of grief from when I was knocked over at the park. It pretty much hurt constantly for the last 15km and I was concentrating on keeping my shoulders relaxed and not letting my arms creep up higher than my hips but the pain was pretty bad.
I am icing my ankle right now but I don't know what to do about my back other than book into the physio and find out if I can tape it?? I tape my foot and ankle so much that I think I am using about 5metres a week of tape!
Mothers Day today so we are heading out for lunch because Mum and Dad are in Melbourne after a 60th last night.