Saturday, April 07, 2007

Run around the lake

I got up at stupid o'clock this morning (5am)- took Bella for a quick run then headed out to run to Albert Park Lake- fortunately my friend Deb was driving past on her way to the Tan and she offered to drive me to the lake.
So I did two laps- the first at 6.30 min/k pace and the second at 6 min/k pace. I am so bad at keeping a constant pace and considering how flat it is around the lake it is a bit embarrassing. I just lose focus and slow down. I tried to keep on top of it and stay focused but I was a bit all over the pace. I also tried the sports beans I bought at a cycle shop the other day- I think the gels have caffeine in them and it is no good for my guts and usually results in a "comfort stop"- the beans were fine, though I couldn't chew and run at the same time! What an unco loser!! Sadly after I paid $3 at the cycle shop I found them at Coles for $1.50.
I ran home from the lake - making it 12km all up and I was pretty happy that I averaged 6.10 min.k for my two laps.
When I was walking Bella I noticed that the bone that runs along my foot towards my big toe was quite sore- I thought I must have taped my foot too tight so I loosened off the tape but it just got very sore as I was running and now I am in quite a bit of pain.
It all makes sense- now that I can run without the PF or my ankle hurting I have to have another niggle- surely it is psychosomatic- I just need the attention for my feet!
Back to the physio next week for sure.
BF has gone to his parents for a few days and work told me to do my computer assignment from home for the weekend so I am not going to work- just hanging with Bella in the sun!