Thursday, April 26, 2007

I ran! (and stayed on my feet the whole time!)

I went around the Tan this morning with Bella- she was so well behaved and hardly stopped at all to sniff random patches of grass. I did a proper warm up and then a lap, then the loop from Anderson St hill down to the Swan St bridge and back along the other side.
Man, I was so slow but there were no ankle, neck or shoulder problems so I am still counting it as a success!
Now the idea is that this weekend I will get 3 laps of the lake in (at 3 varying speeds), then the Great Train Run Disaster will be next weekend (where I realise that doing no hill training is not the best preparation for a hilly run) followed by a massive 18-20 km run on the Mothers Day weekend before starting to taper for the Sri Chinmoy HM on the 27th of May. Half of me wants to pike out and do the HM at Run2G in June instead but I figure that I have gone into every run very underdone so one more won't hurt.
Looks like a rainy run on Saturday- I can't wait!