Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Physio Says Yes

I am allowed a short moderate run tomorrow- very excited! I think I will take Bella to the
Tan again. The physio gave my neck and back a pummelling- considering on Friday my neck was too sore to touch and today she was kneading it like it was bread. Still no cycling and I have to make sure it doesn't hurt and if it does- stop (that sounds like common sense but I think we all know that I need those things spelled out).

I got up early and went to the dawn service- I left it a bit late and so had to park and then nearly run there. Sadly I was dressed for work and so I was in the worlds most stupid shoes - apart from my other heels- I am actually quite sore from powerwalking down St Kilda Road- I think I undid all the good work from my weeks rest.
There was a couple behind me also running late who were definitely in the ANZAC spirit- they embodied the whole ANZAC concept by fighting furiously, refusing to admit defeat and never giving up. I wanted to turn around and say 'It doesn't matter who was supposed to get up early and check the road closures and whose fault you got stuck on Punt Road, just start practising that minute's silence now or you will both be walking home'. Then I remembered it was none of my business.

I was so tired after work that I had a little nanna nap before taking Bella to the park. I did some more powerwalking around the park with my friend Jane and her dog Wilbur. I am always a bit unhappy with a nanna nap because I don't sleep very well afterwards but I have started re-reading my school novels and I am sure that Wuthering Heights can still send me to sleep!