Saturday, April 28, 2007

Albert Park Lake x3

I slept in till 7am this morning thanks to a very disrupted sleep so I didnt really get to the lake until 8. Because I was so tired I really struggled to keep the pace up but I concentrated on making the first two laps good ones- it was so lovely and sunny that I was glad that I was wearing a singlet top. My third lap was awful, the wind had picked up on the golf course side and it was pushing me backwards- I slowed right down to 6.45min/km even though I had been hovering around 6min/km for the rest.
Then when I should have been having a glorious tail wind I had a terrible stitch. I had started having sports beans while I was running and I was pretty happy with them even though they weren't as good as Roger Ramjets proton pills like I had been secretly hoping. I must have had too many beans because I don't normally get a stitch when I run. The beans are just like jelly beans but not as sweet- I prefer them to the gels which get me heading to the toilets very quickly (I think it is the caffeine). So I was practising being hard core and running through the pain but it just got worse and worse so I ended the run about 1km from the car- 13.5 all up in an average pace of 6.20 min/km.
I will have to revise the plan of just running every 3rd day because I am not going to get enough kms in before 27th of May- I am not prepared for that run at all. I am not even averaging 100km a month at the moment- must start to get those kms up a bit.
My PF was pretty bad at the end- I think I was just in a bit of a slump at the end, tired from lack of sleep and then my PF started hurting. I have been icing it in a bucket all morning in between random bouts of cleaning after BF tells me that his friends are coming here in an hour and the place looks like a bomb hit it.
Working day shift all week is going to take its toll- I just can't seem to keep on top of the detritus that litters every free surface!
You have to check out completerunning.com it has a video of how to pick a marathoner and it made me laugh out loud!