Saturday, April 14, 2007

Boring run

I headed out this morning feeling less than happy after a very bad nights sleep and I think I should get used to it, definitely more where that came from. I walked Bella and for the first time I realised that it didn't take me a 2km walk to get my joints moving freely and pain free! Bella had a very good run and didn't get into any blues in the park.
I drove to the Tan simply because I was lacking in imagination and did two very poor laps- on the second I stumbled over my enormous feet and did that stumbly run where you are trying to stop from falling but all you do is increase the pace for when you eventually hit the deck. So now I have a wedding to go to with nasty scrapes on my right leg (the right side is the problem everytime!)
I got up hastily- but there is no disguising the fact I had been lounging on the track, I was covered in dust and bleeding.
I kept running- but I decided to head down the path along the Yarra so I didnt have to look at anyone who saw me reclining on the ground. I wasn't very happy and my leg was stinging so after I stumbled two more times but managed to stay upright I thought I should quit while I am still in one piece. I must have been more tired than I thought if I couldn't even lift my feet properly without concentrating.
I am icing my foot but it really felt good after my run, I had no real soreness in my PF or ankle- mainly just the toe extender- and the palms of my hands and my right lower leg. One day I will be grown up enough not to have scabby knees and grazed palms!