Saturday, March 10, 2007

Too much pain

I made it out for my run a bit late this morning- it was 7am and definitely light around the Tan when I got there but I headed off feeling very good. I had a bit of ankle pain when I started but I was ignoring it as usual and made two laps without a drama- the pain was getting a bit stronger and it wasn't just the usual inside ankle pain, I started to get pain up the inside of my lower leg too. I did another lap and it was really sore, almost the whole way around the ankle, up the leg and I was starting to hate it. I was pretty unhappy because I had so much energy, I wasn't tired and I was easily maintaining a 6.20 pace. I left the tan and headed off along the Yarra just to mix things up, but as I jogged along the track I just felt like I couldnt run any more because of the pain so I turned around and walked back a bit. I tried running again and thought that it wasn't hurting but then I realised that I was only using the ball of my foot and I was doing proper limping/ running. So all up I managed 14km of pain. I made it back to the car and came to work where I have made a physio appointment and sat here in miserable silence. I think it is time for cortisone.