Friday, March 09, 2007

Still no exercise

I didn't make it to the park today, haven't run, or walked Bella and I am still in my pyjamas- lucky I am on arvo shift. I woke up at 5.30, ipod charged over night ready, running gear laid out, ready to walk Bella and then do a massive run before it got too sunny. Unfortunately I woke up with massive pains in the stomach like the worst period pain, but with some crazy pain in the back thrown in. I felt awful and hunted around for some drugs, any drugs- preferably nurofen plus, couldnt find anything so I let Bella in and we went back to bed in the spare room. I eventually went back to sleep and then after my boyfriend realised I wasn't out running found me some pain killers I slept until 9.30. My gut and back still ache a bit so I am not running today either.
It makes me pretty unhappy when I don't do anything for a few days (and I don't really count spin as exercise) so I am pretty determined to do my long run Saturday now- that means missing Run4Kids training sessions which is a shame because I really enjoy them. I also have to work Saturday so I can get my run out of the way, ice my ankle at my desk then come home for an early night. Thanks for all your advice about resting- it makes me feel better about not running- I aways feel that if I don't run nearly every day then I am heading back to my old pre running fat days.
I have been strapped for cash recently- hence the frantic search for cheap running shoes that eventually bore fruit- and I desparately need a car that doesn't sound like a truck (or racing car as my nephew described it). It would cost as much to repair my car, as it would to buy it- those 94 Laser TX3s are worth a hellofalot these days!
So I am topping up the home loan and getting a newer car- my brother said it is either financially irresponsible or very good economic management. I am very excited- even though I can't quite afford the lovely car my sister just bought - Audi A4- it would be nice to have something that Bella doesn't hear when I am still 2 km away. The boys I work with have agreed that some people (who frequent Chapel St on a Friday night) would pay a lot of money to have a car that sounds like mine!