Sunday, March 04, 2007

R4Kids Training (d-8.5, w-32.3,m- 23.5,y- 229.2)

Saturday morning I made up for being a nasty minded person and went and collected Leslie and her two dogs and went for a walk with Bella. Leslie was very grateful so I plan to call her next week when I can also.
Then I went along to the Run4Kids Training session at the Tan. I went with the 10km "comfortable" run but in the end we only went about 8.5km - it was pretty warm and I wasn't wearing a dry fit top so I was a sweaty sweaty mess. My heart rate maximum was 92% and my average was 82%. As we headed back I tried to stretch out the last 2km with a bit more speed- there was a break away group up ahead and I tried to catch up but then they just sped away from me but I tried to keep the pace up. I started my effort at 5.30 m/km but when I got to the bottom of Anderson Street I was back up to 6min/k.
I had to hurry home after the session because Prue was coming to pick me up because we were going to the farm.
I was still red in the face and sweating a lot even after my shower when I got in the car- but I think I cooled down by the time we got to Ballarat, then it was another 90 minutes in the car with my muscles slowly seizing up before we were home.
Bella loves the farm - swimming in the troughs, rolling in dead things, eating heaven knows what.
Mum and Dad were baby sitting a 3 year old and a one year old for the night so we were instantly changing nappies, wiping noses and playing hide and seek.
We had some friends over for dinner which was fantastic- though I "accidently" drank a whole bottle of sparkling burgandy, two brandy and drys and a shot of limoncello. I woke up a bit slowly but didn't feel any ill effects which was lucky because I was being shadowed by a 3 year old who wanted to help me while I assembled the patio heater we bought for Dad for Christmas- the patience was wearing a bit thin!