I have had the last two days off running and I though my knee was getting better but it still hurt a bit this morning. I took Bella for a walk then ran three laps of the Tan- I averaged 6.24 min/km and my heart rate average was 154 (73%)- and my max was 183 (86%).
I was supposed to do intervals but I didn't think I had the energy to keep any real pace up. My diet has never been very good or very bad but now I think I need to make a decision to only eat things that will be good for me- I am so tired all the time and although I get up early, I get to bed very early too. I think I could be a bit low on iron- because of the no red meat thing it is easy to slip a lot.
I am going to have my long run on Friday because I am on arvo shift and I am going to try drinking a bit more while I run and try to find a gel that I can have while I run that does not have the consistency of snot! It was pointed out on Ausrun that my half marathon is closer to a marathon time so I need to prepare for it that way with my hydrating and fuelling etc.
Last night I was getting some chairs from my sister and I was parked in the carpark under the flats where she lives in Toorak- a girl rode her bike into the car park and I instantly was checking out her t-shirt because it was a Nike one with the power song written on the front- then I had a closer look and it was the same girl who I see every week at the Run4Kids training sessions on Saturdays! I had actually just emailed her that morning because she hadn't seen the photo of the runners in the Herald Sun so I had emailed her a link to Andrews blog so she could see herself in the photo. She lives in the same block as my sister. I was so spun out by the "small world" thing.
Anyway her Power Song is DangerZone and I think it is great. I was unsure of mine but now I have decided on "Black Betty" by SpiderBait
