I just got back from a 5km run around the tan- I took it pretty easy and realised that now I have calibrated my heart rate monitor/ foot pod correctly I have established that I can easily run at 6min/k- not the 6.45 that I thought! So hopefully my real race pace will be in the 5min/k range. I taped my foot again- it takes ages for me to get it right- I took photos with my digital camera as I took the tape off once piece at a time so that I can watch the pictures in reverse to tape up, but I still stress that I haven't done it right. At least this morning I shaved my foot- not that I have Hobbit feet but it was hurting so much when I took the tape off.
My run this morning was not as easy as I thought- I have really taken it easy because of that silly ankle and I am very concerned about Sunday.
I have accepted that it is going to hurt- and not just my ankle, I am very underdone and I should be feeling fresh now but I am feeling a bit unfit.
I am getting the 7.26 tram from the end of the street which should get me there with half an hour to spare (easily) so I can drop off my bag and queue for the toilets and then meet the ausrunners in the rotunda. I have to tell you that everytime I think about the run, I need to go "powder my nose"- I hope I can harness this nervous energy and get it working for me not against me!
I dreamt last night that I was running in the race and I kept taking my track pants off and running along the track (with lots of stairs for some reason) then I would look down and I was still wearing my track pants so I would take them off and start running again only to find I was still wearing my track pants. The worst part is that I woke up with a blister and I was sweating like the proverbial!
Sarah-the Tan track is the path around the Botanical Gardens close to the city- it is about 3.8km and was once covered in tan bark so it is called the Tan. If you went past it now you would be so excited because no matter what time of day there are people of all shapes and sizes running, pushing prams or walking around it.
