Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wind In My Face (8, 8, 60.1, 173.6)

Yesterday was a rest day so I headed back to the Tan track this morning for some intervals. I have decided that the sprints were okay, I didn't feel like I was running enough to call it exercise. So I am going to swap them for intervals- I hope I have this theory right.
I did two laps of the tan and alternated between running as fast as my chunky legs would carry me for 250 metres (about 5.10 pace) then gasping for air and slow jogging for the next 250 metres. I realised that when you run fast(ish) you get such a lovely breeze on your face! It was a lovely feeling, shame I can't make it last a little longer.
I didn't head to the Tan until 7am because I had dinner with some guys I worked with a few years ago and there were many stories to go over and lots of gossip to catch up on. I am always reminded of how I prefer to run earlier when I get to Alexander Avenue near the Swan street intersection and I get a mouth full of air pollution every time I gasp for air.
Anyway it felt good and I stretched well before returning home.
So much cleaning to do because Mum is coming to stay tomorrow night and I am going away for work tonight.
Must go find the mop.