Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tam x2, Fed Square loop (12, 39.6, 74.3)

I was planning a quick shortish long run this morning- i.e. 15 odd ks tryint to keep the pace about 6 m/k. However this plan was thwarted when my soon to be shouted at boyfriend rang at 4a.m. and wanted to be picked up from wherever he and his mates were standing. I said no and tried to get back to sleep. Two minutes later he rings again, "please, it is raining and there are no taxis." I can believe the no taxi bit because if I was a taxi driver I wouldn't pick up four blokes, all drenched, carrying souvlaki and a stubby either. So I picked them up- less than a kilometre from home. Angry?

I walked Bella and my right knee was really sore- I twisted it walking down 15 flights of stairs during a fire drill at work (even though we had been evacuated when the power went out on Tues)

I was just testing all my joints when I went out to the tan and at the start I was so slow, it was bad. I had to keep speeding up and then I would forget and slow down again. I think it will take me a while to realise that I am quicker than I was but my legs are used to running slowly.
I did a lap of the Tan then up to Fed Square along the Yarra, back through the gardens to the Tan and then two more laps of the Tan. I think it was about 12k all in all and the pace was okay by the time I stopped. I was going to do another lap but my ankle was starting to niggle so thought I would call it a day.
I did some proper stretches and my knee and ankle both feel fine.