Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sprints (17/51.5/51.5)

Sprints this morning because we were back at 7am at work and I didn't have time for anything else- and it is probably a good idea after my long run yesterday. I didn't realise until I got to the park that I had no soreness anywhere- not even my ankle. Normally I limp to the park then as I warm up my ankle is okay. I did 10 x 100m (ish) sprints while Bella chased, then over took me as well as three laps at a slow jog. I also did my physio exercises too. Walking Bella is the only thing that never changes much in my routine so I figured if I did my exercises while walking her then I could be sure they would be done. So far so good. I am not sure how long it takes to build a calf muscle but I need it to be soon!

I am thinking forward to my February run- maybe the Zoo 8km? I don't have a plan for March either.

I have booked my accommodation for the Bunbury Half Marathon- my brother, his wife and the kids are coming along so it should be a bit of fun.
I might even be heading to Perth in the next few weeks because my brother has a car he needs driven from Ballarat to Perth so I offered. Even though I have done the drive before it was good fun - Mum wants to go as well so I will wait and see what happens. Maybe there is another run in Perth in Feb!

I have put on some serious weight in the last month- it is time to bite the bullet and head back to fat club with my tail between my chubby legs and say "I tried to go it alone, but I need your help!" I will go Thursday night.