I have been struggling to post recently because Blogger is testing my sadly lacking computer skills so this may be one long post: (if anyone else is struggling you have to open every window by right clicking and opening in a new window)
Thursday night:
I went to see Dame Edna with my Mum and sister, as well as my sisters friend Sob, and her Mum, Judy- and it was quite possibly the most I have ever laughed in my life. My guts hurt from laughing as did my cheeks. I was crying with laughter. I was not helped by the fact that Judy was one of the people dragged up on stage by Edna for a bit of fun. We were in the second row so we spent the first half trying to dodge spit from Les Patterson who I don't find funny at all- he is too disgusting for words. Fortunately the second half was just Edna.
Friday:
I was flat out trying to clean up, pack and do some grocery shopping because boyfriend, Bella and I were going to stay with friends at Venus Bay. I didn't run because I had a pod and physio appointment and I didn't want to be inflamed! The pod was first and she said I don't need orthotics (hooray!) but just some strapping and exercises. She agreed that I have been running with only 3/4 of my right leg! The physio did some "massage" which is more like torture and usually has me saying "yes that hurts a bit" through gritted teeth as I try not to cry!
Saturday:
Woke up with a fuzzy head from waaayy too much red wine last night but I did sleep well. I took Bella for a walk to the boat ramp but she wouldn't relax and just stroll because of all the wildlife- kangaroos especially- she was on high alert the whole time, tensed up with hackles too. She looked ferocious and I think she is actually quite scared when we are in Venus Bay because it is all so different. There is also a resident brown snake so I don't leave her alone.
Sunday:
Bella and I got up early and went to the beach for a big walk- Bella likes to run like a crazy dog in and out of the surf, chasing seagulls and generally acting like a carefree puppy. I was careful to keep her away from the dead seal and numerous washed up birds - they smelt so good to her but I really didn't want her to roll in any of them.
Today: (17/ 51.5/ 51.5)
Got up at stupid o'clock and took Bella for a quick walk so she doesn't sook when I leave. Then headed out the door and ran to the lake, then three laps and then walked home- I think it is about 3k to the lake but will have to check map my run before I post my totals. I strapped my ankle as per instructions from the pod (I think I got it right!). My ankle was fine, my hip flexors were a bit tight when I finished but I stretched well and will walk Bella again soon then stretch out once more. the pace wasn't very good, but it was good to get a proper long run in as I haven't been very serious about it recently. Afternoon shift today and it is supposed to be hot this week so I will have to be good about my morning exercise.
