Tuesday, January 09, 2007

PB- 5.29 mins (Time taken to donate blood!)

To & From Tan etc 6.8km, av 161 bpm
Struggled out of bed this morning- don't know if I am just getting lazy or the donating blood has slowed me down a bit. I took Bella to the park and strolled around a few times trying to get my ankle warmed up because it was really sore. I then rode my bike to work and headed off to the Tan. I ran to and around the Tan plus another km just for fun then back again- it is only 6.8km but I needed to get a run in today because I am not going to be able to exercise tomorrow morning and then it is going to be stinking hot again on Thursday.

I did struggle with the run today but again I am blaming the blood loss. I had no dramas donating which was good because my iron stores are a bit low most times and my blood pressure is also low. It was a record time too but I think that was because I was clenching and unclenching my fist to get a good vein up then I just kept going and it absolutely pumped out. (In my mind it is because my heart is so efficient!)