Monday, December 11, 2006

Missing my holidays all ready

Back at work this morning and I wish I was still at home. I have signed up for internet access at home but it won't be activated until the 20th of December- so back to posting at work again.

Garden
I finally rang another gardener and asked him to come around and finish my yard- the rest is that it looks fantastic and I love to sit and read the paper, eat dinner etc. outside now. I contacted the person who recommended the previous gardener and got very angry down the phone! He told me that Dave the gardener has a large gambling problem and is now being sued by him for causing damage to some properties he was supposed to be landscaping! Thanks so much for recommending him to me was the next thing I shouted down the phone. That is when I decided to cut my losses and get someone else to finish it all off or I would just see the unfinished yard and get angry every day instead of looking at it with love. I will post a picture when I get a bit more organised.

Exercise
I have been pretty good with the running etc- I did three laps of the lake the other day (without Bella) and it was great- the best thing was that I ran in the morning at about 11am- normally I think that I can only run very early in the morning but I was a bit disorganised and discovered that my legs still work when the sun is up!
My knees have been fine but my ankles have been quite sore recently so I will go back to ice etc.

I have stopped losing weight but that is largely to me eating and drinking too much while I am on leave so I am hoping to drop a bit more before I say I am finished with the dieting thing. I am about 71kg and I would love to be in the sixties permenantly- that may be a new years resolution!

Bella
My naughty little dog has been making a huge mess of my yard but I will be putting in some more temporary fencing very soon to thwart her attempts to destroy all the hard work.

The rest
I had to go to Bendigo for a wedding on the weekend (boyfriends uncle) and as usual I complain and hate it- but the only good thing about going to Bendigo is stopping in Harcourt for apples, cherries and pears, then in Malmsbury for pies! (Actually this time I got quiches, apple pies and vanilla slice!)
Two more weeks at work and then another week off - it is ridiculous but I haven't been able to organise my leave into more reasonable blocks- we get 9 weeks a year and I took a month at the start of the year for my trek across the Nullabor in the campervan with a friend but haven't had any more big holidays since then.