Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!


Bella and I have had a great Christmas so far- as predicted there was about 20 x 60 year olds dancing to music from the 60's at 1a.m. in the kitchen last night- what else could Prue and I do but join in? They were absolutely hilarious- and by all accounts there were sore heads on all adjoining properties this morning. Despite the (at least) 25 year age gap Prue and I joined in and I have now realised where I get my bum waggle from when I dance (thanks Mum, am also happy with inheriting the calf muscles!).

I didn't run today but Bella and I had a walk before everyone surfaced- my ankle was really sore but I think it is because of all the uneven ground we have been traipsing around.

Christmas lunch was going to be just Mum, Dad, Prue and I, so Mum invited another couple from nearby and Dad invited a two young guys from the property next door, Brian and Rohan. Rohan couldn't make it but Brian did and we were so grateful for someone new to be coming along. Brian grew up in the real bush, Kalumbura (I think) so we learnt all about the customs and tribal ways of his tribe. The poor thing was inundated with (probably silly) questions about his life before he came to work here.
My family is completely white bread so it was fantastic to have a different face at Christmas with a whole new perspective. Brian however, had heard that my mum cooks a great Christmas lunch and said he came along just to see if it was true.
Mum did cook a great lunch and I am so full I can barely have another piece of pudding, unless I have too.

I did very well from unwrapping those bright red packages under the tree, new running shorts and tights, towels, backpack, lamp and books, socks etc. I am feeling very happy with the world (and full of good wine) so I will just say Merry Christmas and good night!
PS It rained today, and hailed as well so everyone in the area had a very merry christmas!