Thursday, December 28, 2006



Boxing Day- Mountain Climb
Well Mum and I didn't let Boxing Day disappear into another haze of food and drink- we jumped in the car nd Mum dropped me at the start of the walking track for Mt Sturgeon- she then drove aroue and the mountain a bit and started walking a bit further on. She kept saying, oh I am so old and my hip hurts. I got to where she started in fourteen minutes and then started the chase- Mum must have been running because it took me another 25 minutes to catch the "poor old dear". She said she was imagining I was the enemy and she had to beat me. So then we kept going to the top and back again- I wish I had my heart rate monitor on because I would have had some fair old beats going! It took us two hours and it was great exercise.
We then went to Halls Gap to see how the Australia Day fire areas have regenerated- the trees look hilarious with their green jackets on and no other leaves. There were so many grass trees that would have been hidden by the undergrowth normally.

27th Dec
I trotted out the road again- I did a 8.6km loop that again finished with me trying to sprint up the hill to home- I was knackered. I did get a breather when two sheep were running down the road in front of me obviously thinking I was chasing them (I thought I looked like a vegetarian!). So I climbed through the fence and ran in the paddock around them so they stopped their escape down the road- they would have run straight out onto a main road otherwise. I did feel very silly running through someone elses paddock just so I didn't upset the sheep.

Prue and I then slowly packed the car (Prue's new golf clubs taking up most of the room, though Bella also had to contend with a lemon tree in the back as well- she only chewed it once) and came back to Melbourne. It was boyfriend's birthday and I felt bad about not seeing him at Christmas so I thought I should make an appearance.