Saturday, December 30, 2006

3 Laps Of Lake

Three laps of the lake this morning (14ish km)- not very quick at all 1:28:05 and my heart rate averaged 166bpm. A friend rang to see if I wanted to go around the Tan but it was nice and still so I thought I would head back to the lake- I prefer the Tan if it is a bit breezy because the lake is unbearable with any wind.
I had a terrible nights sleep and wasn't going to run but then I was reminded of Smithy and his constant taunt "while you were sleeping your enemy was out there training".
Shane and Leslie came over last night with their minature daschund Baxter and unfortunately there was an incident over a bone and Bella bit Baxter and caused a hole in his neck- it was awful and bled for ages. Dogs being dogs they were back playing nicely shortly afterwards but we were still very nervous- Bella gets into a lot of fights- starts them, joins in etc but she has never drawn blood before. She isn't that aggressive and I thought she wasnt that possessive about food- Baxter had been wandering around with her bone for ages and she didn't seem to care.
I finally bought a hand mower and have mown (?) my little lawn- it is looking very green thanks to the washing machine water. The hand mower is a bit like hard work but I like the non-power feel of it, like I am a bit rustic- though a sheep would be the most rustic option and I am sure Bella would prefer it.