Sunday, December 03, 2006

I have decided that the reason I keep putting on weight at fat club is that I have become complacent because it all came off too easily. I have also scaled back the running- my long run has become non-existent and my shorter runs are too slow because I have been taking Bella. So this morning I did my early morning run - only 9.6km because strangely my knees were giving me pain, but I made sure I did it at a reasonable pace. It was a beautiful morning for a run- I started at 6am and there were hardly any other people around the Lake- I am enjoying running around there while there is no Grand Prix construction but I don't think it will be like that for much longer. I took Bella for a short run beforehand and then left her behind and she wasn't happy but she didn't dig a hole.
I then took Bella over to say goodbye to my niece and nephew who have returned to Perth today after a tumultuous month here. Daisy (2yrs) is either very very good or very very bad - she was put in the "naughty corner" so she took her nappy off and peed on the carpet - and not just once! But she loves "Bella Dog" and ever chance she gets, she tries to climb on board for a horsey ride. Harry (4yrs) is just delightful always. I wish they weren't so far away, it was great to have them here.
I have just come from pump class and doing squats really hurt my knees as well so I might ice them tonight- my ankle is thankfully pain free.
I have this next week off as well (but have to work Tuesday which is annoying) and I can feel my leave just disappearing in a blur of eating too much and then frantically trying to exercise it all away! I have all my Christmas shopping too- the plan to send presents back with my brother and his wife didn't really eventuate- yesterday it was either shopping or the Werribee Zoo and of course my sister and I were too keen to build up aunty brownie points with the kids to waste any time shopping.