Thursday, December 14, 2006

I did the run after all that complaining, and it wasn't too bad- I did a time of 27:25 but I don't have a real 5km time to compare that to- it works out to be 5.29 m/k which is okay- I love anything under six minutes! I had enough in the tank to really power through the last km when people were starting to drop off. I was pretty exhausted afterwards. I realise that $30 is a lot to pay for- the showbag was obviously why- hat, bottle, keyring and socks - not that I will use most of it, I don't know if I will happily fork that out for a non-charity run again. Anyway, 10km to go before I break 1000km for the year (missed out on January) so I will have to come up with a suitable goal for next year- maybe 1500? I had ankle dramas for a large part of the early year so that might be very possible.