Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Little sleep little run
Despite working until 11 last night, Bella and I were at the Tan this morning at 5:15 (it takes me about 15 mins to get dressed and drive there). I wanted to do two laps but because I had to be at work at 7 this morning I only had time for one and a bit - in the end I did a lap plus two ks so 6.83 km in all- I originally thought it was only 5.83 km but then when I looked at my pace -nearly 8 mins per km I thought something was wrong with my adding up! In the end the pace was 6.47 mins per km which is good considering I had sniffy Bella with me, though she was really good this morning and did drag me along occasionally when she could see another dog she really wanted to sniff. When I started running I felt like I had a massive stitch in my side but because I only really get a stitch when I had been drinking too much before a run I was perplexed- then I realised it was just muscle pain from finally doing some sit ups during pump class the other day. I am hoping to go to pump tonight even though I still have some pain in my muscles- it is the good "I have been working hard" pain not the "oh no I think I have really hurt myself" pain.
