Sunday, November 12, 2006

I must apologise for the crack about Bert, but the tired innuendo, the dodgy facelift, the bad toupee.....it all adds up to a bad joke and I am not sure if Bert realises that we are not laughing with him, we are just cringeing.

The good news is that the gardener has turned up several times- the bad news is that he now has another full time job working on Eastlink and I still have pavers stacked in piles and a new sand pit. The other good news is that my niece and nephew played nicely and slept very well- though the boyfriend is now put off children for life. The dog ended up covered with farmyard stickers but she coped very well- not happy about the tail pulling but she was good.

As for exercising and eating well- I have been very slack- I have still made it to the usual spin classes and I did my timed 10 km run around the lake on Thursday- 1:01:52- the splits were fairly dismal too- I busted my gut in the first lap then had nowhere to go for the second so I had to make a conscious effort to keep the pace up because I kept slacking off without realising. (My last time was 1:05 so I was just happy to beat that.)

I went to the races yesterday so I am recovering from the effects of a full bar today- though I did try my hardest to get my moneys worth (we were in a marquee that cost $190) but I think I must have eaten too many pear tarts which diluted the effect of a lot of vodka lime and sodas. Time to get back to thinking about what I eat instead of just smiling and shovelling in canapes.