Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Walk Cycle Run

I made it up early today and took Bella for her usual walk/ wrestle with Arnie then rode my bike in to work and ran around the tan. (burnt 567 calories, averaged 148 for run/cycle)
I cannot get over how light it is in the mornings at the moment, not long until daylight saving steals the daylight from us in the morning though. I definately prefer to run in the dark, though given that I tend to have a good stack every now and then, I probably shouldn't. I have fallen over quite regularly since I started running, around the tan, around the lake, along the Yarra (during a fun run so there were plenty of witnesses), it doesnt matter. This morning I was so careful about watching where I was putting my feet, I am worried about getting this close to race day and injuring myself.
Work hours should be fairly stable this week which is good for the final preparation, I have been madly reading other blogs about the run and while the advice is good (dont go too fast in the first 5km, drinking at 5km is better than drinking at 30 km) I have also realised I know nothing about the course andI thought that we had to climb the hill from Carlisle Street towards the St Kilda Junction which made me panic, but I have just checked out the course and I think we run around it (phew).