Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen.....

....pour myself a cup of ambition and yawn and stretch and try to come alive- yes I love to run to Dolly!
I walked Bella early this morning then got the tram to work before heading to the tan- I did two laps plus ran there and back which the boys tell me is 8.8 km total. I tried to keep the tempo up during my one solid lap and did a time of 24.15 which is terrible probably for most people but I was quite happy. Then I remembered that once when I was fit and light (1999 - what a great year) I did a lap of the tan in under 20 minutes- I had to train to do it, but I could do it. So I have decided that is one of my goals as well.
All in all today I ran 8.8 km in 55:46 minutes- burnt 502 calories and averaged 164 bpm. I also used Anderson Street hill to see how high I could get my heart rate and I have to say that at 189 I was struggling to breath and thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest. That is only one beat away from my theoretical maximum of 188 so I guess the training zones on my heart rate monitor are pretty accurate.