Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Feeling So Much Better

The gardener rang yesterday and promised he would turn up today and finish the garden- so naturally I wasn't surprised when he didn't show up today- but get this- he rang and said he would drop off some plants and then finish the yard tomorrow. I would love to believe him, but he said it was his back yesterday and then his daughter was sick today and tomorrow I am waiting for some other excuse/ tragedy from him.

Bella and I had a sleep in this morning- she doesn't know about daylight savings still so I reset the alarm and slept in because I was on arvo shift today. I didn't make it to the lake until 7.15 and had to pay for parking again. Bella and I did two laps of the lake with the usual pit stops (all Bella's) and other stops just to sniff things. I tried to put in some sprinty type efforts on the second lap but Bella thought it was a great game and would run in front of me trying to grab her lead in her mouth for a bit of tug of war and nearly cleaned me up a few times.

I spent this afternoon trying to fence off part of the yard in case the gardener does turn up with plants today while I am not home and Bella treats them as her toys.

I ran 128km this month, up to 855 km so far for the year (starting in April).