Monday, October 30, 2006

Good food+good wine+no running= relaxed but feeling heavy

Well I haven't been for a run for a while now- I was busy on the weekend and I had a fitness test this morning so I rested up.
Friday night I went to Restaurant 2 at Como with family for Prue's 30th and had a fantastic meal- I made an early decision that I wouldn't weigh in on Saturday morning so I would enjoy my Friday night dinner so much more. Everything about dinner was perfect (especially the part where Dad paid!) - possibly better than the Flower Drum (where we went for Dad's 60th this year and again Dad paid!).
Then I had a wedding on Saturday and had a great day- because I have lost 15kg recently I was feeling fairly good about myself in my new little dress. The church service was very relaxed - Catholic service but no communion and all over very quickly. The reception was at Ripponlea and I ate too much great food and discovered mojitos!

On Sunday I was a little slow to get moving but just had a relaxing day coming to terms with daylight saving- it is now possible that Bella will get three walks a day because I cannot sit around after dinner and watch tv so I am sure we could get another walk in then.

The fitness test today was a grudge "match" between my co-worker Brad and I. We have a fitness test at work every two years or so and it is usually just blood pressure, skinfolds and the 12 minute bike test. With all the results in, the fitness co-ordinator has declared it a draw with body fat percentage (she said we were both 15%), I was devastated that I was only "good" when it came to cardiovascular fitness, though my score was 47.96 ml/kg/min and the cut off for "excellent" was 48! I was 50.04 in 2004.
I was pretty happy despite not beating Brad as convincingly as I had hoped, though he has dropped massive amounts of weight and improved his fitness dramatically since his last test so I guess he is the winner today. I had dropped a bit of cardiovascular fitness but nothing that I am too worried about.

Now I must pay close attention to the diet and exercise this week- a week off might not sound like a lot but it gets harder and harder to lose weight now.