Well I got to work early this morning and headed out to the lake for my first timed 10km run. I even strapped my watch to my arm so that I could record my splits, but I am not too sure what value that will be: 6:48, 6:35, 6.24, 6:40, 6:30, 6:35, 6:31, 6:25, 6:28, 6:05.
It is pretty obvious to me, that this can only get better, I was pretty tired this morning and my legs felt like lumps of wood- though I really only did light jogging yesterday before some cycling at the gym then weights (upper body only).
I had fat club yesterday and have lost another 1.2 kg bringing the total to 14.5 kg (woo hoo!- that is a lot less weight for me to carry around the lake!) So another 2kg and then I might be happy.
My yard is still a demolition zone with lovely green turf- you were right Sparkdriver, it is starting to look better all ready but Bella punishes me everytime I leave her at home by digging up a patch of the new turf. Then when I get home she hides in her kennel and won't look at me- the end result is that no-one is happy so I am trialing a new regime of lots of bones and toys.
As for the previous comment about running a marathon- I really am only just entertaining the thought in the back of my mind- I remember the pain of my first half all too well and I don't know if I am ready to be reunited with that pain x 2. All the respect for people who can run that distance and then think about doing it again, but I just don't know if it is for me.
